Location: New York, NY
Market Access, Payer & Pricing Lead
Axsome Therapeutics is currently searching for a seasoned, dynamic commercial executive to lead pricing and payer contracting for the company. Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapies for the management of central nervous system (CNS) disorders.
The Axsome team is comprised of a lean, dynamic group of individuals committed to addressing unmet needs for patients with CNS disorders.
Axsome is based in New York City, New York.
The Market Access, Payer & Pricing Lead will be responsible for ensuring that reimbursement and formulary inclusion for Axsome’s novel therapies are achieved rapidly and effectively. This position is a critical commercial leadership role that will be instrumental within the organization. This role reports directly to the SVP, Commercial.
- Lead payer engagement and discussions
- Utilize deep understanding of all payer types to ensure appropriate coverage for patients while maximizing revenue
- Partner with commercial leadership team to develop and execute optimized pricing and contracting strategies, monitor impact, and recommend ways to continually improve over time
- Partner with Marketing & HEOR/Medical Affairs leadership to develop product value propositions, evidence generation plans, messaging, and supporting economic analyses/models
- Lead, motivate, develop, and retain a team of highly skilled market access professionals
- Closely collaborate with key leadership team members in the organization
- Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects are in compliance with all Axsome’s SOPs
- Advanced degree with 7+ years pharmaceutical or biotech leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years pharmaceutical or biotech leadership experience
- Prior senior roles in pricing, contracting and reimbursement strategy
- Previous product launch experience
- Significant direct payer contracting experience
- In-depth knowledge of Government and Commercial programs, along with payer policies
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory landscape pertinent to the industry
- CNS experience
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic / critical thinking abilities and business acumen
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously