Location: Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, West
Medical Science Liaison, CNS (Psychiatry/Neurology)
Axsome Therapeutics is currently searching for a Medical Science Liaison (MSL).
Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapies for the management of central nervous system (CNS) disorders.
The Axsome team is comprised of a lean, dynamic group of individuals committed to addressing unmet needs for patients with CNS disorders.
Axsome is based in New York City, New York.
The MSL will be a key member of the Field Medical Affairs team at Axsome. The role will focus on multiple therapeutic areas including major depressive disorder and migraine. The MSL will also provide as needed support for other pipeline programs (e.g. Alzheimer’s disease agitation, narcolepsy, and fibromyalgia). The MSL will be primary communicator of Axsome science and be responsible for executing the national medical affairs plan within a specified territory.
- Systematically identify and develop relationships with healthcare professionals (HCPs) to raise awareness of Axsome’s mission to accelerate the invention and adoption of life-changing medicines for patients living with CNS disorders.
- Provide fair and balanced scientific information to HCPs and to internal business partners per organizational needs.
- Lead scientific discovery and communicate meaningful insights gleaned from peer to peer discussions with HCPs.
- Identify, analyze, and translate specific needs within the territory to achieve clinical and business objectives.
- Collaborate with internal partners, as appropriate, to advance clinical and business objectives.
- Build and maintain technical and clinical expertise across a broad range of neuroscience therapeutic areas.
- Continually educate self on global and regional market issues, trends, and product knowledge as it pertains to key therapeutics areas.
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of the National Field Medical Team.
- Deliver relevant health economic data to key stakeholders including payers and HCPs.
- Execute key job functions, including documentation of field activities, submission of medical insights, completion of medical information requests, expense report submission, required trainings, and other tasks as necessary.
- Provides high level support for company sponsored trials and aides in navigating investigator-initiated research proposals through the review process, when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree: MD, PharmD, or PhD. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant industry/therapeutic experience and launch experience.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and autonomous environment where business needs may rapidly evolve and change.
- Ability to travel up to 75%, including overnight stays within an assigned region (when travel conditions allow).
- Meet requirements for health industry representative credentialing to gain access to healthcare facilities within the territory.