Location: New York, NY
Axsome Therapeutics is currently searching for an Office Manager to efficiently support our office.
Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapies for the management of central nervous system (CNS) disorders.
The Axsome team is comprised of a lean, dynamic group of individuals committed to addressing unmet needs for patients with CNS disorders.
Axsome is based in New York City, New York.
The Office Manager will be responsible for day-to-day office management operations at the company’s headquarters as well as the first point-of-contact for all visitors. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is able to support the office staff and manage administrative duties to facilitate an efficient workplace.
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls, including distribution of any messages.
- Receive, inform, and guide visitors with professionalism and hospitality.
- Order and track inventory of office supplies while seeking ways to constantly reduce costs and improve operational standards, including printers and multi-function machines.
- Responsible for facilities management (e.g. oversee coffee, interact with building staff as needed, etc.).
- Responsible for management, maintenance and upkeep of the reception area and conference rooms to be clean and presentable at all times.
- When applicable, maintain conference room booking schedules to maximize efficient use of space.
- Responsible for any catering needs.
- Support team member on-boarding procedures.
- Support day-to-day delivery of mail / packages on site as well as outgoing mail and packages.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- 1 year of previous Receptionist experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Calendar, Zoom, and related technologies.
- Professional and reliable with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Comfortable interacting with numerous people, from colleagues to company guests, daily.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong customer service skills and ability to prioritize.
- Self-motivated, efficient and flexible.