Location: New York, NY
Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics and Insights
Axsome Therapeutics is currently searching for a Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics and Insights to help us in gaining a deeper understanding of our customers and in supporting our commercial launch planning efforts.
Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapies for the management of central nervous system (CNS) disorders.
The Axsome team is comprised of a lean, dynamic group of individuals committed to addressing unmet needs for patients with CNS disorders.
Axsome is based in New York City, New York.
The Commercial Analytics and Insights Senior Manager will provide analytical expertise to the commercial organization, in preparation for launch of key Axsome products. This position will work directly with commercial leadership team (Marketing, Sales, Value & Access) in executing commercial analytics projects that support the brand commercialization strategy for key products in Axsome’s CNS pipeline. This critical role will report directly to Senior Director of Commercial Insights and Analytics.
- Generates analytics based insights by leveraging various pharmaceutical data sources (longitudinal patient data, HCP prescribing data, payor data, national and subnational data on key metrics like patients, prescriptions, sales etc.)
- Collaborates closely with other commercial analytics and insights team members to ensure insights from secondary data analytics are appropriately integrated with insights from other sources
- Update brand forecast models to reflect the latest competitive intelligence landscape and customer research/insights
- Easily translates commercial analytics results to help deepen our understanding of market opportunities and customer behaviors
- Turn unstructured business issues/requests into appropriate analytical action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and actionable deliverables
- Provides accurate and in-depth analyses to commercial leadership teams and serves as an integral part of the commercial team
- Supports initiatives by leveraging expertise in drawing insights from large data sets
- Manage multiple complex pieces of data analysis and translating that analysis into actionable commercial insights
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with best-in-class analytics vendors
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience in Commercial Analytics/Forecasting or Sales Analytics roles
- Advanced degree, including MBA, or Masters in related field
- Previous product launch experience
- CNS research experience
- Ability to run statistical analyses, contribute to new analysis methodologies, and engage with Analytics/statistical modeling experts
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IMS, SHA, Syndicated data sources)
- Experience working with CRM data systems like Salesforce, Veeva, etc.
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlikview etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Database querying skills (SQL, SAS etc.)
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic / critical thinking abilities and business acumen
- Demonstrated analytical skills—understands the advantages and limits of different analytical/quantitative approaches
- Familiarity with launch and pre-launch planning, tracking and measurement
- Demonstrated ability to dig deep and the uncover the “why” beneath observations.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously